Abhirup Ghosh

"As a kid, I wanted to become an astronaut or a bus-driver; It was quite binary. The giant steering wheel in an Indian bus fascinated me. It was quite a weird life path that eventually steered me into studying physics! I joined the LIGO Scientific Collaboration a day before my PhD qualifier. To be honest, I still did not have a clear idea of the scale at which the collaboration operated. I knew what I was doing, and what people immediately around me were doing; not much else. Then 4 months later GW150914 happened and changed all our lives. And more specifically, it changed mine. :)"


Abhirup Ghosh is a Postdoctoral Scholar at the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute), Potsdam. He works on inferring properties of Gravitational Wave sources and uses them as a test-bed for Einstein's General Theory of Relativity. After studying the sounds of spacetime, he likes to reflect his day of work either by strumming soft melodies or plucking hard rock on his guitar. His other interests include photography, theater, improv and quizzing. You can follow Abhirup on Twitter at @dhyat_obiwan as well as on Facebook here.

Comments