Glooby the Glarnblarf

"I grew up on Taurus 5 in Andromeda during the star-formation ages. It was a pretty desolate place, but I kept myself busy playing kloopenflarf with my friends out on the Spewrok hills. When I reached the age of 18 star circles, I headed off to University of Qakronshire-on-the-Sea where I majored in gastronomy, i.e. the study of eating other stellar systems. My senior thesis laid down the foundations for black-hole gastronomy, and showed that black holes are super tasty. That led me to start studying area-duration jiggles (ADJs), literal ripples in the fabric of area-duration, which come from collisions of two black holes merging into one big black hole. We use ADJs to pinpoint where the leftover black holes are and eat them. To detect ADJs, I've worked with a team of Glarnblarfs and Floobensperberz to build an ADJ detector called Koobstork Yqqera Laser-adj Enhancer (aka Kyle). One problem we initially faced was that we needed multiple detectors working in tandem to accurately triangulate the black hole locations. That's why we've agreed to mutually share data with the Advanced LIGO and Advanced Virgo detectors, which can help us discover and localize even more black holes! I'm looking forward to our continued collaboration and to stuffing myself with more black holes."


Glooby the Glarnblarf is an assistant undersecretary to the provost's associate dean at Rumbakgala College. Aside from their research on ADJs, Glooby also likes kicking around the kloopenflarf sphere with their spawn, exploring other dimensions, and reading about other alien civilizations. You can follow Glooby on Spacebook at @Gloobster_92.

Comments