Jamie Goad

"I was (and still am!) a weird kid with myriad interests. I vacillated wildly from wanting to be an artist, writer, or actress to a marine biologist, registered nurse, or diplomat. Until I started my current job with LIGO nearly 6 years ago, I'd never seriously considered a career in accounting or finance. Suffice it to say, though, it pursued me! One of the most important aspects of my job is supporting budget managers across all LIGO sites (LIGO Hanford, LIGO Livingston, Caltech, and MIT), together we've submitted proposals for and received several new awards over the last few years. The ultimate goal of the LIGO Grants Management team (we're small but mighty!) is to help budget managers feel empowered to make confident budgeting decisions so they can get back to science! If I were to change careers now and fulfil my 3rd-grade dream of becoming a marine biologist, I know for a fact that I'd study narwhals. They're my favorite marine mammal!"


Jamie Goad is a LIGO Laboratory Financial Analyst for Caltech, based at LIGO Hanford. She oversees the LIGO Operations budget; disseminates financial reports; develops and updates financial procedures, documents, reports, and form templates; assists with cost reviews, and ensures that all costs against the LIGO Operations budget are being allocated correctly. In her free time Jamie loves being involved in performing arts, especially live theatre, and has been rehearsing for her role of Inspector Kemp in Mel Brooks' 'Young Frankenstein' with Mid-Columbia Musical Theatre. The show opens Friday, September 29th and runs two weekends through Sunday, October 8th and Jamie would love to see friendly faces in the audience if you're in or around Tri-Cities on those dates!

Comments